Microsoft Officially Launched Windows 10 on July 29th and the people in the list of phase 1 started receiving the update already.
To meet the high demand, Microsoft decided to push the update in an organized way. A queue like order is followed by the Microsoft and you will get the update to your device when you get your turn. Till then you have to wait for your chance.
Don’t like waiting in the queue? We too hate waiting. So here comes a simple trick that force starts the Windows 10 download, no matter what’s your position in the queue.
- You should have already reserved for the Windows 10 update
- Turn On Automatic Updates.
- Have a good internet connection.
- Minimum 10 GB free space in your installation directory.
How to force start Windows 10 download in Laptops and PC’s
- Head to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and Delete all the files in the directory.
- Next, open up the “Windows Update” center by clicking on Windows key and searching for “Windows Update”.
- Run the command prompt as an Administrator and type (only type don’t press enter) the command “wuauclt.exe/updatenow”
- Come back to the Windows Update and click on the “Check for updates” option. Jump back to command prompt and now enter the command typed in the previous step.
Give some time and you should be able to see that Windows 10 update is ready. If you don’t see the download happening, ensure that you have reserved your free copy of Windows 10
- You must have genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 to follow this trick
- Try at your own risk
Watch this video if you find the about explanation difficult to understand.
For any general question the update, check this FAQ page from Microsoft. Please not, Installation of update takes no where from 20 minutes to 3 hours depending on the system configuration.
Let us know if you find any difficulties in force starting the Windows 10 update. We’ll help you to solve your problems.